Thursday, September 1, 2011

Coming up...

An appearance at:

Fandays Con
October 8th - 9th, 2011
Irving Convention Center
Irving, TX

Plus, I'll be contributing to the upcoming (Halloween theme-based) JUNC show in San Diego. This will be curated by the uber talented Jasmine Worth. Who by the way, I am happy to announce just had a SOLD OUT show at the De La Luz Gallery. (Yay! Jasmine!) Please check out her work via the link, or her blog if you are unfamiliar. Please join me in congratulating her on her fantastic news! Wheee... I love to see my friends make good in this tough economy, and oft fickle art market.

I recently accepted a group show invite to (Tom Lauren's) Big Toe Gallery in the Anaheim/Irvine CA area this November. (A Krampus theme for this show. Gotta love Krampus.)

I love that I can still touch base with my CA art scene people, and continue to show on the West coast, despite the distance in between CA and where I now reside.

Although still computer-less at home for the time being, I have gotten used to that being the way of things since early in May. That, and the fact that the nearest local Starbucks was 27 miles from my house, I finally got the smart-phone issues almost worked out a few days ago with my droid. I am back to regular posting on FB and on my blogger account as of this week. Issue was that my network coverage area for my former carrier no longer worked up here on the Mountain. So I had to undergo a contract battle for them to release me and sign up with a new one. Thus, I had no IT connection for months, and while I still have no mobil cell or internet reception at the house, but at least these days I can finally use the wifi option from my phone should I want.I need only come down off the mountain and leave the house for vital things. You know, like coffee, etc.

Lots of excitement, lots of upcoming work, news, shows, and much to be thankful for as I settle into my new environment.

It has been a challenging and daunting year; a cross-country move, the death of my Father, acclimating from a So Cal city area to a remote mountain town, communication woes and technical difficulties and so on..but such experience requires endurance and brings about great change. Change always works itself out as creative energy in my life. And? I would say overall life is good.



A shot from San Diego, the day after Comic Con 2011.

More good stuff to come,



K

No comments: