Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Self portrait photography:November 2010

I have been working on this project since Fall 2000 when I arrived in California. It started off casually as a file folder of photos on my mac and just kind of grew from there. It began as quite accidental, because I have often used myself as a reference model for paintings sometimes, or took shots to get hand gestures down just right and/or for other lighting study. It evolved into a long-term archival project, spanning over a decade and utilizing a dozen different cameras. The experimentation with different cameras, cell-phone cameras and lighting effects, as well as the span of time has made for a really introspective experience.Here is the first one. This is probably the last CA entry, which I am now using for my wordpress about/bio photo.

No comments: