Saturday, March 27, 2010

IT'S SHOWTIME!!



Unpacked from my wonderful, (albeit waay too short) mountain town Spring vacation and gearing up for tonight's show @ Junc! I'll be getting my Gibson Girl on proper with the right updo, some authentic mourning jewelry and a Victorian frock! I think it a kind of a modern day version of this traditional mourning gown illustrated in the old Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1889 ----->

If you can't already tell ..I am really excited for this show and have been looking quite fowrard to it for weeks now. My pieces will include 2 paintings: My illustrated vision of the Poe character Ligeia, the fictitious female author of "The Conqueror Worm" according to Poe, and also I will be showing one previous work, a print of a similarly romantic and victorian feel that should fit into the theme nicely. Other than the sneek-peek on this flyer, that's all I'm telling for now, you'll have to come out and see for yourself!



Come and join the festivities, and drink in the artistic celebrations of the works of Edgar Allen Poe via paintings, illustrations and the unique visions conjured forth by local San Diego Artists. Details on the flyer and last minute RSVP here:

MIDNIGHT DREARY ART SHOW & SOUTH PARK WALKABOUT.

Midnight Dreary Group Art Show -
Curated by Jasmine Worth.
Location: Junc Boutique & Gallery
Time: 6:00PM Saturday, March 27th


K~

No comments: