Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ooops!

What? You mean everyone's sink doesn't get all gross and stained by paint periodically? And since I use my hands like a little craftsman Jr. 6 in 1 pocket knife for cub scouts, they don't look much better. It usually doesn't bug me, but this week my hands look pretty ratty, even for me. Don't even get me started on how badly I could use a decent manicure about now. I don't think I've been to get one officially in over a decade, mostly if I get the urge I just do-it-myself. I'm just obsessing a bit here because I've always had a thing for hands on other people. And right now mine are so dry from the turpenoid and other varnish supplies, that they look like they could belong to a ancient Mummy of some kind. Attractive, no?

Sorry for such bland, tasteless, or mildly flaccid entries and updates this week. I've been monumentally busy (which I like to be) and prepping for the show, doing a lot of painting, etc. I really am hoping for a nice turn-out this Saturday, it's for a very good cause.

In the CA Killed Me (and my dinner=fail) department: California style pizza pie is not even called a pie, and is NOT even remotely pizza, nor a tomato pie. Different bird entirely. Anyone who thinks that goat cheese, broccoli, and extra corn meal granules belong on a freakin' 'pizza' needs to be slapped and dropped off at the 2600 block at Broad St. in East Passayunk, or else transported back in time to when the old NYC chain Lombardi's was still in Philly.

Back to work for me,

K~

No comments: